HOW DO I KNOW I HAVE DIABETES????
Most common signs of diabetes:
- Increased thirst.
- Feeling tired and sleepy (Energy Loss).
- Dry and itchy skin.
- Needing to pass urine more than usual.
- Blurry vision.
- Feeling hungry.
- Possible weight loss.
- Frequent infections or infections may take longer to heal.
- Numbness in the hands and feet.
- Sexual dysfunction.
Some diabetics may not have any symptoms. Health care providers will be able to find out for sure after running some blood tests such as Hemoglobin A1C, checking FASTING blood sugar, and Glucose Tolerance Test.
|BLOOD TEST||WITH OUT DIABETES||PER-DIABETES||WITH DIABETES|
|Hemoglobin A1C||Less than 5.6%||5.7%_6.4%||6.5% or higher|
|Fasting Blood Sugar||Less than 100 mg/dL||100_120 mg/dL||126mg/dL or higher|
Factors may increase risk for Diabetes???
- Family history of diabetes.
- Obesity or being overweight.
- High blood pressure.
- Being more than 40 years old.
- Gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
- Native Americans, African Americans and Hispanics have higher chance of getting diabetes.
After all healthy lifestyle , managing weight and exercising often will help decrease your risk of getting diabetes.